-1 lb pasta of your choice (my favorite is linked here)
-1 lb wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
-4 tbsp butter
-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
-1 shallot, finely diced
-2 garlic cloves, smashed
-1/2 cup of your favorite white wine
-Juice of 1 lemon
-Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
-1-2 ladle fulls of pasta water
-Kosher salt for pasta water and seasoning
1. Put large pot of water on stove to boil.
2. Salt generously like the Mediterranean.
3. When water has come to a boil, add pasta and cook according to directions.
4. Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet (the one you can’t live without is linked here), melt 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil over low heat.
5. Sauté shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes until shallots are translucent (if you don’t have shallots, don’t panic; any red or yellow onion can be substituted).
6. Add shrimp to pan and season with salt.
7. Add juice of 1 lemon and wine and continue cooking until shrimp are opaque and coral in color.
8. Add remaining butter and olive oil, 1-2 ladles of pasta water, and spoon over pasta, drizzling with a bit more olive oil.
9. The Italians would roll their eyes at me here (there is great debate over whether cheese belongs with seafood), but I love mine with a ton of salty Locatelli Romano cheese.
*For you skinny bitches, eat this with gusto over a bed of spinach, broccoli rabe, zoodles or cauliflower rice. Don’t sit next to me – I’ll be slurping my spaghetti.
Bee Bytes are tips and tricks featured in Jule’s e-mails. Are you subscribed? Make sure HERE!
Have a question for Jule? Dating getting you down? Friendship in a frenzy? Mother-in-law making you mashugana ?? Nothing is off-limits. Everything is anonymous! Ask The Bee HERE!
All illustrations by @courtneycoloring
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click a link and purchase one of my recommendations, I may get a small commission from it at no cost to you…don’t worry! I only refer top-of-the-line, Bee-approved items so you’re in good hands.